The MongoDB C Driver is a 10gen-supported driver for MongoDB.
It’s written in pure C. The goal is to be super strict for ultimate
portability, no dependencies, and generic embeddability.
The driver is still considered alpha but is undergoing active
development. Support for replica sets was just added in v0.3.1.
The API was completely revamped in v0.4.
Another backward-breaking change (support for write_concern) was added in v0.6.
Default write acknowledgement with mongo_client and BCON (BSON C Object Notation) were added in v0.7.
- MongoDB C Driver Tutorial
- An overview of the driver’s API.
- Building the MongoDB C Driver
- How to build the driver from source.
- How to work with BSON objects.
- BCON - BSON C Object Notation
- How to use BCON for concise, readable, and maintainable definition of BSON documents.
- How to connect to single nodes and to replica sets.
- Write Concern
- How to detect write errors and ensure various durability levels.
- Error Reporting
- How errors are reported.
- API Docs
- Doxygen-generated API docs.
- Source code
- The source code is hosted on GitHub.