MongoDB Ruby Driver History
- Two critical fixes to automated failover and replica sets.
- Bug passing :timeout to Cursor.
- Permit safe mode specification on Connection, Collection, and DB levels.
- Specify replica set name on connect to verify connection to the right set.
- Misc. reorganization of project and docs.
- Several critical JRuby bug fixes
- Fixes for JRuby in 1.9 mode
- Check keys and move id only when necessary for JRuby encoder
- Official JRuby support via Java extensons for BSON (beta)
- Connection#lock! and Connection#unlock! for easy fsync lock
- Note: BSON::Code is no longer a subclass of String.
- Significant performance improvements (with a lot of help from Hongli Lai)
- Cursor#rewind! and more consistent Cursor Enumberable behavior
- Deprecated ObjectID for ObjectId
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
- A few minor test/doc fixes.
- Better tests for replica sets and replication acknowledgment.
- Deprecated DB#error and DB#last_status
- Replica set support.
- Collection#map_reduce bug fix.
- Fix for bug introduced in 1.0.4.
- Removed deprecated
- Cursor admin option
- DB#createindex (use Collection#createindex)
- DB#command only takes hash options now
- j2bson executable (neomantra)
- Fixed bson_ext compilation on Solaris (slyphon)
- System JS helpers (neovintage)
- Use one mutex per thread on pooled connections (cremes)
- Check for CursorNotFound response flag
- MapReduce can return raw command output using :raw
- BSON::OrderedHash equality with other Ruby hashes (Ryan Angilly)
- Fix for broken Socket.send with large payloads (Frédéric De Jaeger)
- Lots of minor improvements. See commmits.
- Optimiztion for BSON::OrderedHash
- Some important fixes.
This is a minor release for fixing an incompatibility with MongoDB v1.5.2
- Fix for boolean response on commands for core server v1.5.2
- BSON.readbsondocument and b2json executable (neomantra)
- BSON::ObjectID() shortcut for BSON::ObjectID.from_string (tmm1)
- Various bug fixes.
- set Encoding.default_internal
- Added Grid#exist? and GridFileSystem#exist?
- Support for replication acknowledgment
- Support for $slice
- Namespaced OrderedHash under BSON (sleverbor)
2010-4-29 Note: if upgrading from versions prior to 0.20, be sure to upgrade to 0.20 before upgrading to 1.0.
- Inspected ObjectID is represented in MongoDB extended json format.
- Support for tailable cursors.
Configurable query response batch size (thx. to Aman Gupta)
bson_ext installs on early release of Ruby 1.8.5 (dfitzgibbon)
- Deprecated DB#createindex. Use Collection#createindex index.
- Removed deprecated Grid#put syntax; no longer requires a filename.
- Added bson gem dependency.
If upgrading from a previous version of the Ruby driver, please read these notes carefully, along with the 0.20_UPGRADE doc.
- Support for new commands:
- Query :fields options allows for values of 0 to exclude fields (houdini, railsjedi).
- Option to delete old versions of GridFileSystem entries.
- Filename is now optional for Grid#put.
- Option to write arbitrary attributes to a file: @grid.put(@data, :favorite_phrase => "blimey!")
- Indexes created on the chunks collection are now unique. If you have an existing chunks collection, you may want to remove
Removed the following deprecated items:
- GridStore class
- RegexpOfHolding class
- Paired connections must now be initialized with Connection.paired
BSON-related code extracted into two separate gems: bson and bson_ext (thx to Chuck Remes).
- mongo_ext no longer exists.
- BSON::Binary constructor can now take a string, which will be packed into an array.
- Exception class adjustments:
- Mongo::InvalidObjectID moved to BSON::InvalidObjectID
- Mongo::InvalidDocument moved to BSON::InvalidDocument
- Mongo::InvalidStringEncoding moved to BSON::InvalidStringEncoding
- Mongo::InvalidName replaced by Mongo::InvalidNSName and BSON::InvalidKeyName
- BSON types are now namespaced under the BSON module. These types include:
- MinKey and MaxKey
- Extensions compile on Rubinius (Chuck Remes).
Prior to 0.20
See git revisions.